Restoring the working system of a Chromebook signifies reverting it to its preliminary state by reinstalling a clear model of the OS. This course of might be useful when experiencing persistent software program points, corresponding to frequent crashes or unresponsive functions, which can impede common gadget use.
Recognizing when to go for system restoration is essential for figuring out if this extremely invasive troubleshooting methodology is value it. Should you see error messages corresponding to “Chrome OS is lacking or broken” or have fixed booting points. These warnings counsel that the gadget’s software program is compromised, necessitating restoration to regain performance.
- Seize a clean 8GB or bigger USB flash drive.
- Set up the Chromebook Restoration Utility from the Chrome Internet Retailer on a separate laptop.
- Insert your storage gadget, launch the utility from the Chrome extensions menu on the prime proper of your browser, and comply with the prompts to create a restoration picture.
- Insert the ready USB drive or SD card into the malfunctioning Chromebook.
- Press and maintain the Esc, Refresh, and Energy buttons concurrently in addition into Restoration Mode.
- When prompted, insert the restoration media and comply with the directions to provoke the restoration course of.
- As soon as accomplished, take away the restoration media and restart the gadget.
Restoring the Chromebook’s working system will erase all saved information, together with private information and functions. Earlier than initiating restoration, customers ought to again up important info to an exterior storage gadget or cloud service.