So as to transfer on from LastPass, step one is to consolidate all of your login credentials right into a file that may be imported into your subsequent password supervisor. LastPass helps you to convert the contents of your password vault right into a CSV file, which organizes all of your usernames and passwords in plain textual content format separated by commas.
Most password managing companies have the power to learn CSV recordsdata, so importing your private information should not be onerous. Here is how one can generate a backup of your LastPass information in a generic CSV format:
- Entry LastPass by way of a desktop or laptop computer pc by launching your net browser and clicking on the LastPass extension icon.
- Log in in case you aren’t already utilizing your related electronic mail handle and grasp password.
- Click on on the now-red LastPass browser extension icon, click on Account, and choose Account Settings.
- Shut the Account Settings window that pops up so you may get to the principle interface.
- From the aspect panel, choose Superior Choices.
- Below Handle Your Vault, choose Export. It’s possible you’ll have to enter your grasp password once more to proceed.
- Choose the place in your pc you’d prefer to retailer the file — be sure it says “comma separated values file” beneath file sort — and hit Save.
After you have the LastPass CSV file, you must be capable to use it to check out a number of password managers to change. If, for some purpose, you discover that the export function shouldn’t be working correctly, contemplate logging out of the LastPass browser extension, closing the browser, launching the browser once more, and logging again into the LastPass browser extension. These steps, based on some customers, clear any problematic cache points and allow you to export a recent and full copy of all of your password information.