It would sound bizarre at first, however, if you wish to, you possibly can flip your iPhone’s keyboard right into a trackpad. Whereas drafting messages on our iPhones, we have all skilled issue inserting the cursor appropriately, highlighting the unsuitable phrases or unintentionally deleting letters you do not intend to.
You may wish to put the cursor in the beginning of a sentence to capitalize a phrase or within the center so as to add a punctuation mark, however getting it unsuitable a few occasions, particularly when there’s an excessive amount of textual content on the display screen, might be very irritating. This can be a quite common downside confronted by many customers.
Fortunately, Apple has baked a hidden characteristic into its iPhones that solves this downside. The characteristic helps customers attain the exact place within the on-screen textual content the place they wish to make edits.
To show your iPhone’s keyboard right into a trackpad, you neither have to obtain a third-party app nor scroll by way of the sophisticated menus of the Settings app.
Allow the trackpad mode in your iPhone
By touching and holding the spacebar, you possibly can flip your iPhone’s keyboard right into a trackpad that helps you place the insertion level with a lot larger accuracy, just like the keyboard trackpad of a MacBook.
- Whereas typing or modifying textual content, press and maintain the area key on the backside of the iOS keyboard along with your thumb till all of the keys fade away.
- Drag your thumb round to maneuver the cursor on the display screen. Observe that you need to use all the keyboard as a trackpad, however the keys will reappear when you carry your thumb.
- The sooner you drag your thumb, the extra distance the cursor covers on the display screen. This might be helpful, particularly whereas going by way of a big textual content file.
- The slower you progress your thumb, the upper the precision you get in inserting the cursor.
- You can even enter the trackpad mode, use the opposite finger to pick out textual content, after which use the trackpad to regulate the choice.
You should utilize the hidden trackpad mode whereas writing a message on WhatsApp, compiling the abstract of a lecture on the Notes app, or drafting an e-mail on Gmail or Apple Mail; all of it works the identical. Additional, the characteristic additionally works on iPads.